Buckle up your seat belts s**theads, because we’re taking a ride on Harley Quinn Highway! The latest episode of DC Universe’s Harley Quinn was a special kind of crazy, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here’s our breakdown!
F’D UP MOMENTS
* When Harley and her crew returned from Ivy’s mindscape, they found dismembered body parts from all the guards that Sy had slaughtered. All Sy had to do was kill them, but he did more than that. He ripped them limb from limb like rag dolls and threw their corpses around the room. Even more chilling; he says he braided Ivy’s hair because he was bored. Decapitating those men was boring to him? What the heck did the CIA have him do during those old missions? We’re not sure we want to know!
* Speaking of Sy, the revelation that he was a transformer seemed fun at first, until we saw the actual transformation process. It looked painful and judging by Sy’s screams it probably was. Is this how our toys felt every time we did that to them? Yikes!
* Does anybody else want to drive on Harley Quinn Highway? It’s the perfect mix of Grand Theft Auto and Mario Kart with a little bit of Harley lunacy thrown in for good measure. It was F’d up and fun at the same time. It had a weapons cache! The most F’d up thing about this is that Gotham’s mayor agreed to this insane tax drain in the first place.
Stressful situations call for foul mouths, and this episode’s rescue operation resulted in 6 F-bombs, bringing our series total to 106.
- • Dr. Psycho: 1
- • Ivy: 1
- • Frank the Plant: 2
- • Sy: 1
- • Riddler: 1
Frank the Plant has a series total of 12, Ivy has 25, Dr. Psycho has 16, and Riddler is tied with Sy Borgman with one F Bomb. Welcome to the F-Troop, Riddler!
After years of humanity cutting down trees, nature has finally started to fight back. Maybe we should’ve listened to Ivy? The mutated trees ripped apart and devoured 7 people during their rampage, and it looks like they’re just getting started. There was 3 gruesome deaths in Ivy’s mindscape, 13 confirmed murdered Planet Wide Pavers employees, and one lost old man. This added up to 24 kills this episode, giving the series a total of 114 murders! If you’re curious, the 100th murder victim on the show was one of the guards Sy played slice and dice with. Congratulations Sy!
While exploring Ivy’s mindscape, Harley and the crew saw a glimpse of the complicated relationship she had with her rich father. Ivy has mentioned feeling emotionally distant from her rich father in various versions of her origin story, including Batman: Shadow the Bat Annual #3. No mention of him paying little people to be her friends, which was a special kind of F’d up.
* If you pay close attention to the episode, there is a subplot going on in the background about a love triangle between a man, his wife, and his secretary. In typical Harley Quinn fashion, it doesn’t end well.
* It was great finally seeing Harley Quinn Highway fully realized, since it’s a concept that’s been teased ever since the first episode. The city finally agreed to build the crazy road after Harley threatened to nuke Gotham in episode 3. Dream big!
That’s all for now! Tune in this Friday to see how Harley and the crew clean up Scarecrow’s F’ing mess!
What was the most F’d up moment of the latest HARLEY QUINN? Let us know in our Community!